Monday 31 May 2010

Love From Darwin

Love From Darwin
My show's getting really good. Last night there was a lot of physics on chalkboards and discussion of moving through time (if only in your consciousness and not necessarily physically) and about how, without an anchor -- someone you recognize in both time periods --, you can get lost in one of these time trips (which the writer in me recognizes as a HUGE metaphor). I must say, this particular smarty-pants direction is getting me all hot and bothered because I have this almost pathological attraction to anything 1. related to crazy-sounding theories of physics and/or 2. hilarious. The smart/funny nexus melts me. Of course it helps that Desmond is being featured so prominently because he could be as dumb as a box of rocks and I'd still want to see him naked. He, incidentally, looks almost exactly like someone I was very close to at one time and came shockingly close to marrying, which makes the experience of watching him that much more confusing and exciting. My LOST fanatic friend at work sent me this article which you can read if you want but won't really make sense unless you watch the show...

Also, just because it's weird, here's a photo of a new toy my brother and sister-n-law gave me. Here's what it looks like when it's stable:

And here's what it looks like in it's active state:


Cool, huh?

I'm going to a birthday party tonight that is a 90s themed party so I'm breaking out the combat boots and a flannel and going grunge. But not before I get my hair did at a new place in town that I can't wait to try out.

And I wish I had known about this before Valentine's Day because a very different email would have been circulated letting everyone know I love them.

Oh yeah, and Helen Mirren's Oscar dress blew all others out of the water. Score one for mature women with impeccable taste. Go girl.

0 comments:

Post a Comment