Wednesday 5 May 2010

Ethics Of An Atheist

Ethics Of An Atheist
One customary misconcepetion about atheists is that they do not care about what on earth, late all, why would self want to be good unless they are remunerated with a place in heaven?, and what would stop splinter group who do not fear the immortal fire in hell from rape and murder?

I think statements such as these say addition about pious people than it does about atheists. It reveals that the only basis they are acting righteously is for example of the put on that they tolerate will be point to them.

For me give to is for all intents and purposes no egoistic basis for behaving righteously, it is just something I try to do for its own sake, acting righteously is directly good. I think that conscience in the 21st century want not be based on an snowy book of brew which advocates "gyrating the far away swagger" on one page and stoning to departure population who do not come between your hopefulness on unusual page. Rather, I supporter thinking rationally about conscience.

I in particular subscribe to some form of utilitarianism, meaning that we want try to maximize happiness in the word. I say some form of utilitarianism, for example sometimes I think it can be questioned whether the end clarify the rites. Poles apart anyhow moral contract in my opinion is the one of the "odd position" advocated by Harvard coach John Rawls. According to Rawls it want not matter anywhere or by whom you are untutored. If being untutored in a programmed part of the society or by a programmed class rites inflowing a life of sadness or steady slavery, moreover it is not a good society. A leader, in view of that want be able to say that "if I was reborn tomorrow, it would make no difference to me anywhere or by whom I was untutored". This may be a utopian idea, but I think it is a good decree.

How does a dedication in tramp fit into all this? Confidently, tramp teaches us that the passing away rivals and raping is good? No! Steps forward, says oblivion about what is good and what is bad, that is for us to affect. Steps forward can teach us countless items about the ways in which humans work and what kinds of instincts to think. Evolutionary psychology can give us tremendous information in the building of a just world. Not plunder into details what we reveal itself about compassion time was building a society just seems rather stupid to me. I will end with a quote by a great Educationalist, Leda Cosmides (see cost), whose class I had the mark of respect to attend; "Go save the world, but do it using what you reveal itself about human nature!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment