Sunday 4 November 2012

Personal

Personal

I FOUND MY BOYFRIEND'S FACE ON A DATING WEBSITE

Last June, my morning routine was interrupted by a series of texts from a friend, showing a pair of screen shots that were at first incomprehensible. In one, under the headline "Better Singles, Better Dates," my boyfriend Patrick's smiling face hovered in the bottom row of a Brady Bunch-style grid of other men, as if it had been ripped from a PERSONAL account.

"WTF IS THIS?" my friend wrote, "Since when are you guys online dating?" Good question.

"Patrick," I yelped, "look at this." As we huddled over the phone, another image popped up -- another grid of faces, but this time all women. All the way on the left, in the second row, was mine. A small logo gave the name of the matchmaking service being advertised: HowAboutWe.

Neither the images nor the site were immediately familiar to us. The pictures hadn't been taken from our social network profiles, nor had Patrick and I ever online-dated. Of course, that's where my mind went first: Was my live-in boyfriend of five-plus years maintaining a double life filled with Internet honeys? But how would that work -- he doesn't even know how to send an instant message. "Or does he?"

Reference: womanizer-psychology.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment