Thursday 18 November 2010

Altered Art Journal Letter T

Altered Art Journal Letter T
I got to work a little on art this week and it sure felt good after going 3 weeks without it. I have known Texas Girl was to be letter T for a long time. I just could not picture in my head how to do it. I really needed that break.I guess I'm like all Texans....proud. Although lately I'm a little weary about the heat. We are in a severe drought and it is taking a toll on the environment. Trees are dying, lakes and rivers are drying up and Ranchers and Farmers are losing money. Personally, I love hot weather. I could not live here otherwise. It's just the side effects that are hard to handle. We are not and I repeat we are NOT usually this hot so early in the summer. We need a hurricane to push the high bubble sitting over us off and give us some rain. Where are the hurricanes this year?But........ must be careful what we wish for.On another note, I did get my new car and I did get a convertible. I cried when I turned in my truck. I hated leaving it at the dealership. It was such a good truck and so practical.Now a new era or chapter in my life has begun. After 10 years riding around in a pickup I switched over to a sassy, frivolous, fun car. I do not need the truck to haul furniture around anymore. I'm simplifying my life. I'll be toodling around in style and acting like a teenage. Words from my Mom....who by the way really enjoyed riding with the top down....even though she would not admit it. She was sooo cute. I put a straw duck bill type hat on her head along with some stylish sunglasses. Imagine an 89 year old lady with that on riding in a convertible.Oh well we had fun!

Credit: japan-pickup-scene.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment