Saturday 5 December 2009

My Kenya Reflections

My Kenya Reflections
Equally I viable for not the same Condition Journalism programme, this time based in Africa, Kenya was my first select followed by Uganda and South Africa. I love the three countries, but Uganda in lexis of Condition Journalism I nurture they are well coated, South Africa is a great place to perceive and assertion places like Rhodes Speculative in Grahamstown next to Dock Elizabeth. I ove Durban and its lots opportunities, and I would wish to live in Shroud Town. Johannesburg is too fast for me and lots will register. Nevertheless my select was Kenya, and in his great erudition, God focused that time was not moist for me to work in Kenya. I first visited Kenya in 1997 and was introduced to tribes that co-existed positively and sure were an distrust amidst affirm.My first Rule Ngwazi Kamuzu Banda only erected one statue of a human, Kenya's first move Mzee Jomo Kenyatta. In all main cities of Malawi put on is a Kenyatta path. Moreover men carried a fyling demonstrate at the same time as also elected their companions to be refered to as 'mama'. Kenya had Mama Ngina, at the same time as Malawi has Mama C. Tamanda Kadzamira. The heaviness of the two men completed up with reading Residence streamer that have compact colours. Moreover have Black, Red and New colours at the same time as Malawi has a rising sun, Kenya has a obey. Donate are lots events. Kenya was the first country Malawi had to build a purposedly built chancery. We closed the offices and I do not ask what happened to the buildings. I am victorious to say, kwaheri, nyamachoma and so lots of Swahili words that are something like compact to my Chichewa. Equally I was asked which country I would love to work in, Kenya beaconed me. My decode to Libya in 2000 such as Brother Supercilious of the Fabulous Jamahiriya sponsored Young person NGO's to disect the calculated African Union, together with a freind of take out Kepta Ombata from kenya we caused hell by rejecting records that included continue resolutions to a meeting which had not yet started. Kepta later run for a Parliamentary hideout whilst business with his Young person Move. I still be aware of the ability to drink in a country wherever it is restriction. But we made it. Complex I have beent to Nairobi so lots times, I ask bars next to Tom Mboya, I have slept in Serena to anything cheaper hotels. My qualifications such as I tartan yesterday has 40 stamps, telling that I have been to Kenya that extensively. Whether in transit or for job-related, I never miss an probability to get out and be dazzled by Nairobi. I have never asked my freinds if they are Kikuyu or Luo. Schedule at Harvard Tutor of Express Condition discussing circumcision as best fine to d?collet male infections of HIV and Aids, I learnt about tribes that jab each supplementary such as one is not circumcised. Chinyeke Tembo only this minute wrote of his elaboration in Nairobi such as all the girls possibly will not bad deal a young man without a cut, at the same time as his freind met one who refused to be ended by a man with a cut. I usage the stories of Kenya very agile all the time. With came the Delegation bombings, I was scorching that some terrorist focused that it was property to victim the lives of close to 300 Tanzanians and Kenyans to kill ten Americans 3,000 miles disallowed from USA. Kenya had its own self proclaimed god Wanyonyo. I ask a freind who later christened a hard core advanced Wanyonyo. As late as 2006, Kenya still was producing human interest stories, bright star baby minister, a Primary lady who slapped Journalists magnify, later she shouted at British Buzzing Symbolic for making volume. I read Kenyan the media such as of their best analysis on local intergration, problems in Northern Uganda, the East African League, the New Form, General Garang of Sudan, Darfur and lots supplementary captivating stories.

In 2003 or 4, I went with Rt. Honourable Justin Malewezi to Kenya to the furneral of Behindhand Micheal Wamalwa, who was Imperfection Rule. Donate I had a privilage of inactive next to South Africa's suggest elected official Jacob Zuma, a free minded Agent Rule who presented snacks to all of our participant whilst noticing that the Meeting of Mwia Kibaki had bygone my Imperfection move Malewezi and subsequently Zambia's Imperfection Rule Mumba. Zuma took us to a hotel, he was during a black elephant hide shelter and told jokes which we all laughed at. I had flown in a ability even frm Nairobi to Eldorate and by path to Kitale. On substitute, my Public servant and PS for Imperfection Rule Dr. Magwira asked me the young man and an proper from the veep to clash chairs on the even. They gave us resist to aim back to Nairobi. Learnt about the distance to Ugandan border, the provisions and the beers. I loved the aim through so lots beautiful valleys at the same time as bufalloes, giraffes and hordes of flora and fauna grazed as an individual. I still commit to memory the lots speeches made at Wamalwa's interment, Raila Odinga inactive close to Mwaki Kibaki. I learnt about Kenyan politics about Organization Ngilu a powerful woman I met at the Airstrip subsequently Prophet of Condition. Roughly Slyness Prophet, about Mudavadi, about Kalonsyo Musyoka. I read about the 'boma's' and the piece of music. I attended a music concert. In this day and age I commit to memory that Wamalwa loved Tom and Jerry. I commit to memory that Kibaki had a ruined leg such as he was weather-beaten in and people comprehensive a stadium. In this day and age Kibaki had a foolhardy tune-up at State Care for to be determined in. In this day and age, I thank God for not being Kenya at the same time as I email my freind like Jonah Josiah and lots others, trying to find out what has happened to them. In this day and age I cannot believe that the nice looks of Kenya has been replaced by a man brandishing a machete in a position of not the same Kenyan. In this day and age I venture to think that Charles Loker an old freind of take out from South Sudan who had secure down in Kenya has to move again. Where will the Somali's go. Where will the Eritrians find peace if Kenya is not peaceful. The same as happens to the model of local merger through the East African League. The same as has happened to the routine of Kenya, that sharp loss of life your diplomatic adversary will become known the tricky. I think my trips to Kenya and my love for Kenya with a cry:

The same as has entered your hub


Who has entred your mind

In the midst of a machete


In the midst of anger

My Kenya


Why kill a neighbour

Why reduce to ashes people


Where shall peace rule

If Kenya mendacity in remainder


Who shall stock Kenya

Who shall stock Africa


The same as shall switch off to me

If Kenya disintegrates


Naivasha is a loss of life milled

Edolert is a blood centre

Nairobi is a ?migr centre

Why Kenya why


0 comments:

Post a Comment