Thursday 11 August 2011

My Ingrown Toenail Hurts A Lot How Do I Get Rid Of It

My Ingrown Toenail Hurts A Lot How Do I Get Rid Of It

QUESTION 1

My ingrown toenail hurts a lot. How do I get rid of it?... I got an ingrown toenail on my left big toe, on the inner part of the nail. It hurts a lot! I tried taking it out but the tool i use doesn't go down far enough. What should I remove it with? Also, what is less painful? Should i use a cream to help it not grow back? I hurts a lot, and I have taken it out before, but it grew back. I had a friend who took her ingrown toenail out and it never grew back. I got my ingrown toenail from wearing converse like 24/7.

I don't want surgery.

ANSWERS


1) You just gotta keep tearing at it. - "Bob Bob"

2) see a podiatrist now and save a lot of pain later. No home toe and brain surgeries please. - "Bill"

3) I think there's some sort of operation or something you can have to get rid of it because when you cut it, it will just keep going back. Just see your doctor they'll tell you what to do. - "

4) just cutt your toe off, you dont really need it anyways you have 9 more to spare..i promise the pain will only last for a few hours....jk! ;) - "Jae B"

5) My mom goes to the Nail place and tells them to take it out!

They do a good job of it, and it's only like 10 dollars..

Although it does hurt - "Mireya"


6) Well. You have a couple of options depending on the severity. You can either push cotton under your nail in order to get it to grow out straight. (this can be somewhat painful, but it's not unbearable, and a doctor told me it's more likely to work). Your other option is to cut it, which is a 50-50 chance. In cutting it theres always a possibility that it will grow back the same way. In either situation I recommend seeking a Doctors advice since they can actually trim the skin around it etc to give you a better chance at recovery on the first attempt. I wouldnt use creams etc. I dont see where they can hurt, but I dont see how they help either. - "mikeymilla12"

7) try a skilled pedicurist, if it don't work, straight to the podiatrist - "Kurt Biewald"

"QUESTION 2

I'm so scared for my eye?... Yesterday, I was at the emergency room and they discovered nothing. It's been like that for a week. At first, my vision got blurred. 5 days later, a floater in my right eye showed up for no reason. After that, flasher of light suddenly showed up. Then today, another floater showed up. How could they not find something wrong? They just gave me a eye drop, but it's not helping. My left eye is normal. I was at the health center, and the lady said that my right eye isn't normal, but people at the emergency room found nothing. It's getting worse, not better. Should I call them again because I don't know what to do?

ANSWERS


1) Go see an ophthalmologist. The doctors at the ER generally do not specialize in one type of medicine, and certainly not in optical care. - "Beth"

2) you might need glasses i'm no expert but maybe you should just go see an optician - "Barbatus Slim"

3) my sister has this but they found it was okay u can get blind so see a doctor quick - "Tanya"

4) You should go to an optometrist. The ER just runs the basic tests and don't specialize in one thing or another. - "Kristina"

5) Flashes and floaters are a very common occurrence and generally are not a cause for concern. However if you experience flashes or floaters at any time, it is important to get them checked out to rule out any further eye problems. Although they are harmless and will not damage your eyesight, they could be a sign of something more serious which could need treatment.

Flashes

If you experience flashes or streaks of light, it could mean that the vitreous (the jelly-like fluid which fills the inside of the eye) is shrinking and may become detached. It is important to get it checked out as it could be a sign of a retinal detachment, which is very serious. A retinal detachment is when the retina is pulled out of position causing sight loss. This is quite rare but it does require urgent treatment.

Some people experience flashes of light which look like jagged or wavy lines. This usually only lasts for around 20 minutes and is caused by a migraine, which is a spasm of blood vessels in the brain. A severe headache sometimes, but not always, follows a flash caused by a migraine.

Floaters

Floaters or spots are small, semi-transparent or cloudy particles in the vitreous. Floaters may appear as specks, thin strand or cobwebs in front of your eyes and are most visible when you look at a plain light background such as a blank wall or the sky. They move with your eyes if you try to focus on them.

Causes

Floaters may be caused by a number of problems. They often occur naturally as part of the ageing process when the fluid in the eye deteriorates. Some eye conditions or an injury to the eye can cause floaters. They can even occur before birth as a result of trapped protein or other matter during the formation of the eye in the womb.

Floaters and flashes are generally more common in older people. The vitreous humour thickens and clumps as we get older and this causes floaters. Some people are more at risk of developing floaters such as those that are short sighted, those who have had cataract surgery, those who have had some type of laser treatment or those who have had an inflammation in the eye.

Treatment

Most people find that floaters disappear after a period of time and they are only a temporary discomfort. If floaters suddenly appear and are accompanied by flashes of light or you lose any peripheral vision, it could be a sign of something which does need treatment.

These symptoms together could indicate diabetic retinopathy, retinal haemorrhage or a retinal detachment. If the shrinking vitreous gel pulls away from the wall of the eye, the retina could tear. This can lead to bleeding in the eye which may appear as new floaters. If this occurs you should go to the hospital eye clinic straight away for urgent treatment. Always visit your optician to check that floaters or flashes are not a sign of another eye condition. - "Brady"

"QUESTION 3

My mono is over, how safe is it to kiss my girlfriend?... It's been around a week since I got my energy back and feel normal. Since my symptoms have faded, would you say it's safe for me to kiss my girlfriend, or are the chances of her getting infected on the high side? I understand that with the E Barr virus, there's a reactivation period. It is possible that she infected me when hers was being reactivated, although she says she has never had Mono. In that case, she is immune to it right? But that's just me trying to come up with reasons for it being safe. What do you think?

ANSWERS


1) Get freaky, bro. - "Aurum"

2) no,

if you kiss her her lips will turn purple,shrivel up and fall off,. - "Crrraaayyyooonns"

3) I recommend you to see
> http://www.all-home-remedies.com

I hope that will resolve your problem, keep using answers.yahoo.com - "Alice B"

4) Find out if shes ever had the virus. and if she did than shes immune and wont be able to get it again. haha, goodluck! - "justforgechels"

5) Once you contract mono, it is in your system forever. Some people's immune systems can just cope with it better than other. Since it will always be in your system, you will always have the ability to spread it. I have never heard of a specific time period you should wait before contact so I can't help with that. I would say as soon as you are back to normal (not just "feeling normal"), it is safER. But there is no way of completely keeping her safe. Well, besides not ever kissing her again. - "Rachael S"

"QUESTION 4

Can anybody tell me whats wrong with me?... For the past two days, I have been feeling like i have shortness of breath and i have occasional chest pains. I consider myself a pretty healthy guy. Im not overweight, i don't smoke or drink or anything. I eat healthy too. It's so weird how this happens to ME

ANSWERS


1) Sounds like a case of hypochondriacism, the most deadly disease on earth. You're so screwed. - "Aurum"

2) You need to see a doctor and soon. These are symptoms of heart problems. Don't wait to have a heart attack to figure this out. Heart attacks can happen to anyone, not just people who are overweight or smokers. Go today! - "lmaton2"

3) Sounds like anxiety or maybe the beginning of panic attacks! But you can never rule out a heart attack, usually the pain starts in the arms or the side of the chest. If I had to guess, I would say your under some kind of stress and your stressing a bit which may be causing you to worry, heart beat a little faster, breath heavily, etc. This started in my 20's and I've been using tenormin ever since (a beta blocker). It would cause my heart to speed up, short of breath, tightness in my chest, etc. Anxiety is a real deal! But go see a doctor and confirm! - "Paul"

4) It can be stress related, just every day anxiety. People with high anxiety experience symptoms of heart attack and rushing to the ER, just to find out that is is only anxiety attack. If it continues, have it check if it is physical or mental and need to be controlled. Anxiety attacks are really scary and interfering with life style but not dangerous. - "Ms know it all"

"QUESTION 5

Dry,Peeling Upper Lip?... A couple of days ago i got a bump on my upper lip on accident.Now my lips are peeling,dry,and I think there is something black.This is all on my upper lip and its not winter.My mom says i shouldn't lick it,which i kinda believe her.Should I eat something,put some cream,or just wait?

ANSWERS


1) I think time will cure it, but don't ignore it completely. Try not to get it wet at ALL, and apply cream to it before you sleep so you don't just lick it off by accident. Oh and don't put cream on if it's bloody, it stings like hell! :S - "Sabrine"

2) mix 2 tablespoons of honey, 1-2 teaspoons of sugar, and a squirt of vaseline. apply to ur lips. this will remove any dry, peeling, or chapped lips. good luck! :D - "ninjasluv2bake"

3) I would just wait... listen to your mother, she probably knows best :) - "rjsci13"

"

0 comments:

Post a Comment