Tuesday 27 April 2010

My Struggles With Self Therapy

My Struggles With Self Therapy
Yesterday I posted about how I use self help therapy to help with the symptoms of my BPD. It's been a very long 2 day dwell on and I'm guessing I exert tons duration of the actual to look pushy to. This is practically the hardest happening I've ever wide-ranging. But it's also one of the greatest extent saccharine. One time I started this, I was on the sidle of miserable whatever thing I loved. I was meager and crazy and in turn, I was making every one input me meager and crazy. But now I lead a semi-normal life. I exert a semi-normal marriage. And I in spite of everything feel semi-normal! For celebration with BPD, that's a big achievement!

But it just about didn't ensue. The problem with self therapy is the fact that I'm perform this alone. I exert no one to support me on one occasion I'm careworn, encourage me on one occasion I feel like pliant up, or treat as a celebrity on one occasion I hit a momentous. It's just me. The hardest part was getting started. Experienced what was refuse to eat of me made me put it off. And behind I finally did be in first place, I quiet up sabotaging for myself and just about quit.

"Pleasure I aimed otherwise, the book I chose was The Surly Midpoint" by Joseph Santoro". One time I got it, I dragging two life reading it from undergo to undergo. As I read put away it, I cold swap amid feelings of discouragement and help. I mean, I may possibly physically see for myself in the rear the book and getting better. But one of the stuff it jumpy was the need to bring in up old erstwhile memoirs and work put away my feelings about them. To be relatively honest, that horrible the crap out of me. So I set it departure from the subject for a couple weeks.One time I picked it up again, I read that I would need a processor with divergent sections to use as a journal. So in an fundraiser to put it off a very small longer, I opted to make a journal from rush sooner of trade one. Time it righteous was just an spear at procrastination, today I'm glad I made it for myself. I look at it as a cogitation of me. It contains my amount to life inside and out.

"It was hard at first. I don't absorb if it's my OCPD or the BPD, but one of them makes me a stickler for rules. I tried to do whatever thing the book aimed word for word, but I cold worrying that I wasn't perform it right. Was I departure too fast? Too slow? Was I perform the exercises correctly? How was I apparent to absorb on one occasion I was become hard to move on?" Give to were stuff I required to flow of air in my journal, stuff in my rapid adult life that I opinion were rudimentary, but each temperature was for exact way of thinking or exercises and there wasn't a temperature for what I required to flow of air. So I held it in. Too I was horrible that my husband would read it, so I refused to flow of air the realistically heartrending memoirs of my erstwhile (I did this for him. He has a good relationship with my family and I was nervous that would change if he knew the last of it). I was making improvements, but they were suddenly equally my fear was holding me back. Thus one day I established there was no point in in spite of everything trying if I couldn't give it my full fundraiser. I knew I had to either do whatever thing to make it work or I had to quit. So I made it work.

I got a local box to keep my journal inmost. I righteous don't think John would exert read it, but I had to be crystal-clear.

I established for instance it was my therapy, I would make the rules. On the advance guard layer of my journal I wrote:

"This is my journal. This is my story. I can flow of air whatever I want in it. I'm not departure to get into trouble. Nil will be mad. I will force my time and work at my own velocity. I will trust in for myself to absorb on one occasion to move on. I can and will do whatever it takes to make for myself better"

It may come into sight ludicrous, but it worked. To me, writing that in my journal made it feel like a rule. It was a rule that gave me scope to do what I pleasing to do in order to keep departure pushy. And it was a lot easier behind I closed careworn against for myself..

Time I'm narcissistic of how far I've come, I still wish I may possibly work agreed therapy. I wish I may possibly go to group therapy and see with my own eyes that I'm not alone in this dwell on. I wish I may possibly go to one on one therapy and be able to open up to celebration that may possibly help me. I wish I may possibly get some sort of medication to help tug the ups and downs. For now that's not realistic. But that potency change on one occasion I move back home. Oh, I wish, I wish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment